Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Easter weekend.

Friday night some of my family from Birmingham came down to visit and I was super excited to see them! My aunt, uncle, and their grandbaby, Sarah-Mae, came. :) I was so excited to see Sarah Mae! She turned 6 months old on my birthday. I've gotten alot of "baby practice" with her. She's a very well-behaved baby and doesn't cry a whole lot; she just giggles and smiles at the littlest things. She mainly smiled at me all the time because for some reason babies just LOVE ME. And so do animals... which is kind of strange. haha We were pretty much attatched all weekend long... except when she "poopied", then I passed her on to someone else! haha

Saturday we all went shopping. Josh came along and endured our long hours in the mall- bless his heart! He said we basically counted inventory in every store. However, I thought we had a pretty productive day of shopping. :) I went into Kirklands and found the cutest jewelry organizer that I really needed. Only $24!! I saw some at TJ Maxx prior to this and they were $40 and I knew I'd find them cheaper elsewhere. So if you want one go to a Kirklands store or kirklands.com!




Then I made my way to Dillard's and found the most adorable one-shoulder top! (I'm a sucker for one-shouldered dresses/blouses.) I will have to post a picture of it once I wear it!

Then, I found the dress I've been so desperately looking for. It all started when I saw a big blue sign in front of Gap that had "40% OFF SALE" in big bright red letters! I was immediately drawn into the store. I looked around a little. Josh complained because one of the guys working there kept checking him out or something, so I browsed really fast and found THE DRESS!



This is a picture of our Easter attire. :) It's a taupe/grey dress with gorgeous ruffle details! It also has a cute little bow on the left side. Bows + Ruffles = <3 I was in love the moment I saw it. And Josh was looking great with his black suit, soft pink shirt, and houndstooth tie. :) Oh, and I found the cutest shoes at Shoe Station for like 20 dollars! I had a 20% off coupon. I needed some high-heeled wedges for summer!

Our church had two morning services, one at 8:30 and one at 11. Josh's family was going at 8:30 and mine at 11, and my wonderful boyfriend went with his parents and then went again with me! I told him I really wouldn't mind if he didn't go with me, I understand his suit wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world and he would probably wanna go home and spend time with his family. But he said "I've spent the past three years' Easter services with you and I don't wanna miss this one." How sweeeeeet. And then after church we both went and ate with our families. I just love Easter. :)



Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. -1 Peter 1:3

How did you spend your Easter?
<3 Erica

2 comments:

  1. I want that little jewelry organizer!! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress! And how sweet of your beau to go twice with you! Glad you had a fantastic Easter!

    ReplyDelete